Search the forum,

Discuss Noises from both fire and central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a new glass-fronted gas fire installed a few months ago, not long after I moved into my bungalow. About half an hour after turning the fire on I hear a loud pop or crack coming from the wall where the fire is. I hear this roughly once every half an hour. I also hear this noise a couple of hours after turning the fire off. I also hear this sound when I turn the central heating on, but not from the radiator which is on the opposite wall, but from the same wall where the fire is. I don't hear a thing when the boiler is set to hot water only. The central heating was already installed, and the boiler was new. I didn't notice any noise from the heating until the fire was installed. I did call the fire installer who said sometimes the plastic on the fire expands and makes a noise, but I'm hearing a loud crack from the wall even when I have only the central heating on and not the fire. I will call the fire installer back, but can anyone give me any advice in the meantime as to what might be happening. Has anyone heard of anything similar?

Could be any number of things and would need careful investigation of where the noise exactly comes from.
I would hazard a guess and say it could be something to do with the pumped pipes from fire being too tight to something - wood or plasterboard for example, and causing a crack noise when heat to rads is put on, or when it cools.

Could be any number of things and would need careful investigation of where the noise exactly comes from.
I would hazard a guess and say it could be something to do with the pumped pipes from fire being too tight to something - wood or plasterboard for example, and causing a crack noise when heat to rads is put on, or when it cools.
Thanks. I thought it might be something to do with pipes expanding and contracting. I'm hoping the fitter might suggest something to cushion the noise if it is this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noises from both fire and central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs mostly at night. I'm sharing video showing the problem: So far we changed: 1. Expansion vessel 2. Pump 3. Water pressure gauge - analogue sensor...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock