Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy Central heating caused by pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fethey

Hi, hope someone knows what is causing this as we are starting to lose sleep now.

Central heating working fine with no noise then pump stopped working , plumber installed Grundfos pump and central heating working fine, but with noise (like a helicopter hovvering outside). The pump is definately causing the noise although the sound is not coming from the pump itself. When the boiler shuts off, the pump runs for about 3 minutes, and the noise only stops when the pump stops. I cannot pin point where the sound is coming from but it is definately there. All radiators are red hot and no cold spots. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks,

Fethey.

perhaps pump speed has been set higher than before
have you tried turning it down

sounds like the noise may be generated through unsecured pipework or something similar......

Thanks for replying. The pump makes the noise on all three settings, 1 being the quietest (still loud enough to be irritable), 3 the noisiest. It could be unsecured pipework, but there was definately no noise with the previous pump?? I have tried locating the source of the noise, but it is like an itchy leg you cannot quite scratch, if that makes sense?

Just as well it doesn't go up to eleven like a Marshall amp. LOL

Could the pump be fitted the wrong way round?

If it's on the horizontal, is it tilted downwards?

Hi,

Is your system Y plan or S plan? 3 way valve or two zone valves. Sounds like you have a pump overrun on your boiler which would mean that you will likely have an auto bypass prior to the valves. Quite often these are not adjusted correctly or are left completely shut. Does the sound only appear when the boiler is in pump overrun stage or is it constant??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy Central heating caused by pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to connect to the heating system, So while the wood burning on during winter months it will stop the heat pump for working hard Or not all all . My...
Replies
Views
Hi, hope someone can help with this. My central heating system has a Worcester gas combi boiler, paired with a nest thermostat and a megaflo cylinder. When the boiler starts in the morning, the radiators start to warm up ok, but this is accompanied by a loud whining of the pipes attached to the...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs mostly at night. I'm sharing video showing the problem: So far we changed: 1. Expansion vessel 2. Pump 3. Water pressure gauge - analogue sensor...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently using a Grundfos Booster Pump. This pump is fed by 2pcs of 1,000 liters water tank. Normally the pump would stop working only when there is no water in the water tank. But, recently for the past week, in the middle of the night, the pump would stop working even though the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock