Discuss Noisy Nibe VVM300 heating system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
I have been busy renovation a house that I bought a year ago during the winter. During the summer we switch off the heating system to conserve electricity as we are not living in the house. I removed some of the radiators during the wall renovations, refitted and bled the system. As soon as winter started I turned the heating back on before we went away for the December vacation. Now the system is making a humming noise as per the recording I attached. The system is heating up as normal. Advice will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• nibe_Trim.mp4
    2.5 MB
Did you turn off the boiler also ? Eg electrically

you didn’t leave the system dry did you eg drained down ?

Up to what temperature is the system noise free?, boiler flow/return temps.
If you shut off the removed rads does the noise persist?

Your system is a Heat Pump + auxiliary electric heating so not so simple?.

Last edited:
Up to what temperature is the system noise free?, boiler flow/return temps.
If you shut off the removed rads does the noise persist?

Your system is a Heat Pump + auxiliary electric heating so not so simple?.
Hi John.g
I will have to get back to you with the diagnostics re. the temp. noise free question and the radiators.
Regarding the flow temps, how do I check these if I do not have a set of gauges? Is there anyway to check it on the system.

Reply to Noisy Nibe VVM300 heating system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this...
Replies
Views
N
Our ~15-year-old boiler just broke down (the spark igniter gave out), and set out a discussion to go ahead and replace it, as it's starting to...
Replies
Views
Hello ! I have recently moved into a new house – or rather a 1960s built house. The central heating system looks to be around 10-12 years old...
Replies
Views
Hi, I wonder if anyone can offer any advice/solutions... I have a boiler, a Valient EcoTec 28 pro, which was fitted a year ago. It makes a droning...
Replies
Views
Back