Search the forum,

Discuss Noisy/Pulsating Valliant Ecotec Boiler Pump Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

OurRich

Our boiler/pump has been making a strange pulsating noise for a while now. I've uploaded a video here:
https://youtu.be/joe6JuFu4bk
It's a Valliant Ecotec plus boiler and a Grundfos alpha+ pump. The boiler works fine still but the noise can be overpowering.
Any advice? Do you think a new pump may solve the issue? The boiler has been serviced recently and was fine although I did kind of doubt the plumber's expertise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get someone else in to split the pump. It sounds like you might have something in there interfering the impellor.

sounds like metal on metal tbh but as above and if theirs something broken replace the pump

I had a pulsing grundfos alpha like that a few months ago, the pump was still working okay just making a noise like your experiencing. Ended up replacing the pump, took it apart & wired up off the boiler & still the same, must have been the electronics at fault?

Thanks for the replies!
Is it worth getting someone to take the pump apart? We've had dealings with a few plumbers now and none of them seem very interested/confident.
We've had a quote for £85 +vat for a new MYSON pump plus £45 labour. Sound reasonable?

Thanks for the replies!
Is it worth getting someone to take the pump apart? We've had dealings with a few plumbers now and none of them seem very interested/confident.
We've had a quote for £85 +vat for a new MYSON pump plus £45 labour. Sound reasonable?

Why would you think £45 labour was unreasonable? Sounds very very cheap!
But is it the proper replacement?
Pumps wear on their bearings and can rattle badly, which will change greatly with different selected speeds. If worn it needs a new pump

Last edited:
Hi Best- I think £45 labour is very reasonable! Sorry- I was referring to the cost of the new pump, I should have been clearer. I donut know anything about this specific pump so was wondering if it's a suitable replacement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Noisy/Pulsating Valliant Ecotec Boiler Pump Advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock