Discuss Non-Standard Tap Washer Size in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

M

Mark_G

I have gone to replace the washer in the shower taps as the shower is dripping but the washer seems to be a non-standard size. The 12mm was too long and so I went and bought a plastic one I could cut the end off but it is also slightly too wide, the 10mm doesn't fit either.

It is a really old shower where the taps are welded onto the brass pipes to the shower head, otherwise I would just replace the whole tap. Any thoughts or advice?

If you still have the old washer as a template, with care, patience and a sharp knife, make a replacement 🤪

Might be Imperial measurements rather than metric?

Reply to Non-Standard Tap Washer Size in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has...
Replies
Views
D
Hi all, I have an issue with our shower's hot water. The shower is operated using two separate taps for cold and hot water. When the hot water tap...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi, I have an opening on the 'manifold' (I think that's what its called) on my soil pipe. It appears to be a non-standard size - about 51mm...
Replies
Views
I need to replace 4 ÂĽ turn ceramic valves for a second hand kitchen tap set - two taps. The current ones are dripping. These are marked X17C, and...
Replies
Views
Back