Discuss Not enough Heat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wagger

We have recently had oil fired central heating installed.
All radiators have TRVs. We also have a system thermostat inthe hall, set at 25 degrees.
When the heating is first switched on all radiators becomehot or very hot but our rooms and the main thermostat reach only 19/21 degrees.After around 2 hours the radiators furthest from the boiler start to cool andwhile they warm up intermittently the rooms never get above 19/21. All TRVs areset at 5.
The system has been balanced and we are satisfied that thisis not a boiler problem. Our plumber is stumped. Any ideas?

Can`t help I`m afraid, but thanks for registering and welcome to the forum Wagger.

i would disconect the room stat and see if the rooms get hot then if they do its a romstat positioning problem if they dont its either rads pipework or boiler to small

if boiler is still fired and furthest rad is cold not the room stat

Was the system designed (radiator sizes and boiler size) to work at 25 degrees?

Is 5 the maximum on the TRV?

Is the boiler cycling on and off when the temperature is 19 / 21 or is it running continuously?

Thanks. It looks wired in and I don't know how to disconnect it. However, the stat has been replaced and made no difference. We also tried increasing the temp with a hair drier and were able to do so. Of course, it could be a problem with the connection as the stat is wired into a complicated box and I don't know what is happening in there.

Thanks Snowhead. Answers : I don't know for certain but it should be OK . However, I suspect in some rooms the radiator may be too small although not in others where ther is the same problem.
Yes 5 is the max.
Boiler is cycling on and off when at 19/20

Sorry Joni os, I'm not an expert I don't know what you mean by boiler modulating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Not enough Heat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock