Discuss Not happy with with new unvented system, although it works fine. Shower pressure issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

To do that you'll need basically your old set up refitting just for that shower, then a way of heating a cylinder. If you're using a 4 bar pump, you'll be needing a decent size cylinder to supply this also....you're already in to a decent amount of cost to do that.

Seems madness to me. Are you not just being unrealistic about the performance of the shower? Surely if the cylinder has been fitted correctly and everything else is correct - Pipe sizing, filters clean, pressure, then you'll be getting more than a decent shower out of an Unvented HW system.

I almost agree with you here. He said its perfectly normal, but its just hard when you from from an awesome shower to an OK shower. as I said, perfectly happy with the other shower and taps, it's just think one becuase of the size of the head. As i've had high expections of the shower previously in comparision, i think im just a little underwhelmed. I might post clips from the performance before and after the install.

My plumber suggested somehting similar..... I was thinking if he does it for say £2-300 i'd probably do it, as at the moment, its acceptable with no other outlets on. I've not yet tested with with say a kitchen tap and the other shower, and the washing machine on and a toilet being flashed. I imagine it would drop a fair bit! I think 100L should do it as I had 2 80L tanks before and that was fine for a few showers.

I almost agree with you here. He said its perfectly normal, but its just hard when you from from an awesome shower to an OK shower. as I said, perfectly happy with the other shower and taps, it's just think one becuase of the size of the head. As i've had high expections of the shower previously in comparision, i think im just a little underwhelmed. I might post clips from the performance before and after the install.

My plumber suggested somehting similar... I was thinking if he does it for say £2-300 i'd probably do it, as at the moment, its acceptable with no other outlets on. I've not yet tested with with say a kitchen tap and the other shower, and the washing machine on and a toilet being flashed. I imagine it would drop a fair bit! I think 100L should do it as I had 2 80L tanks before and that was fine for a few showers.
Have you tried changing your shower head?

Fit a smaller size shower head and save the planet.
Useful response :)

For others- here are pics of the set up in the loft

Attachments

• B100350B-91B0-48D7-ACEC-72D7FE0DA92C.jpeg
    B100350B-91B0-48D7-ACEC-72D7FE0DA92C.jpeg
    118.6 KB · Views: 42
  • B47AE349-50FA-49DF-8CAF-51E5F25C549C.jpeg
    B47AE349-50FA-49DF-8CAF-51E5F25C549C.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 65F55B49-7B6C-4FFE-90CA-0EA45D9CEBB0.jpeg
    65F55B49-7B6C-4FFE-90CA-0EA45D9CEBB0.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 8A2D0428-F040-4C89-B323-16683C87230C.jpeg
    8A2D0428-F040-4C89-B323-16683C87230C.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 44
  • AE441A57-FD1D-425F-BA8F-666B118E0601.jpeg
    AE441A57-FD1D-425F-BA8F-666B118E0601.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 42
Useful response :)

For others- here are pics of the set up in the loft
Well seeming the materials to do that will cost more than £2-300 I don't think you've got any chance there.

Can you see the size of the pipe incoming to the combination valve? (The one next to the white vessel which is brass colour). With all the insulation it's difficult to see pipe sizes.

But first off, it doesn't appear they've done balanced cold supplies. Which won't help.

Hey
Well seeming the materials to do that will cost more than £2-300 I don't think you've got any chance there.

Can you see the size of the pipe incoming to the combination valve? (The one next to the white vessel which is brass colour). With all the insulation it's difficult to see pipe sizes.

But first off, it doesn't appear they've done balanced cold supplies. Which won't help.

I’ll have a look again or ask the plumber when i can.

How can you tell it’s not balanced on the cold supplies?

Bit of an update as I've properly used both showers today simultaniously for the 1st time since the new set up was installed.

-Main shower on with nothing else on - was ok.
-2nd shower went on - pressure dropped a little as expectd- but still just about ok but little weak
-Toilet flushed and tap opened - water stopped flowing in both showers. mrs was NOT HAPPY as she was taking a shower haha.

I cant deal with that.

Spoken to the plumber in regards to a solution.
Appears that an accumulator, whilst ideal, wont work as the size of tank needed just wont be fit sensibily or logistically.

The suggestion is to re-install a pair water storage tanks back into the level 2 loft, and if i understand correctly will work in the following way:

-Both showers will be fed via the twin shower pump from cold tank level 2 and hot unvented cylinder on level 1.
-incoming mains supply will top up the cold tanks on level 2 as they empty
-hot water will be pumped from hot unvented cylinder for everywhere else using a 2nd sinlge pump that we used before (I think this is what he said but i might be wrong about that.)

How does this solution sound? He said this will effectly work as its a breaker tank. Just need to work out costs. I know it will be a bit but I dont really have a choice.

A little dissapointed tbh as I kind of wish I had just stuck with the original set up which did what it needed to do and fairly well. All the research I did and people I spoke to though suggested that the new unvented system was the way forwards..... cant help but feel like it was money wasted at the moment.

I aslo asked what the flow rate was and it was circa 13-15L per minute at the mains

What’s your mains pressure ?

nothing open ?

one tap open ?

Reply to Not happy with with new unvented system, although it works fine. Shower pressure issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi, would be extremely grateful for any advice on the following. I'm installing a bathroom (shower, toilet and sink) in my summer house. It has...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock