Discuss novice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dara

hi all..took apart a shower today,for re tiling,used a plastic push on stop end onto a 15 mm copper pipe for the power shower turned the water back on it was leaking.. probably something obvious but would appreciate advice..

did you push it on far enough? take if off and refit!

is the pipe chrome? you cant put a pushfit on chrome pipe

is the pipe got a clean cut?

is the washer damaged on the pushfit?

Try a different stop end? Re-cut the pipe? Try a compression fitting instead?

Hello Dara,
how clean was the copper, was the fitting new, was it complety pushed on?

Look at that ... 3 responses in 2 minutes ... who says it takes ages to get a plumber to help out?

its copper.. possibly not the straighest cut il check that tomorrow.. dont think its damaged just bought from builders yard,was cheap £1.50.. would a copper one be better?

compression is probably the same nut you undone in order to remove the shower from the water main!

just check the pipework is clean, it has a nice clean cut (preferably with slicers), the pushfit is ALL the way in, helps to lubricate the rubber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to novice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A simple procedure has turned difficult. I am trying to disconnect a floor-mounted bidet so I can change the click clack waste. All is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, sorry about the long post but a novice here looking for some advice... I've just bought a 12 bedroom private house with 3 bathrooms that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope someone can help. I’m hoping this isn’t a permanent problem. We’ve converted a gravity vented hot water system, into an unvented...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock