Search the forum,

Discuss Nu-Heat Water Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john f

Hi All
I have underfloor heating system with rads upstairs run off a 210 L Energy Master2 Cylinder
The system was designed by Nu- Heat and was installed as per spec
The system has run for 3-4 years and has been most effective
However I think the cylinder is leaking I noticed a small plastic cap on top of the cylinder insulation cover had popped off and was wet
Today I noticed a small damp patch on the concrete at the bottom of the cylinder and I can smell the fernox
The unit is cylindrical with a flat top and bottom
I imagine the inner cylinder is leaking into the insulation ?
I called Nu-heat and because I have not had the anual service on the cylinder the manufacturer will not cover the unit
Therefore I will have to pay about £1000 plus installation costs
or will it be something less sinister (hoping !)
I havn'nt noticed any pressure loss over the two days though

Any Comments would be much appreciated

John F

Think you are jumping to conclusions thinking you need a new unit,do not think this is the case,you have saved fours years service charges,time now to spend on one and hopefully should can be able to be repaired at the same time.. with an extra charge ofcourse

Think you are jumping to conclusions thinking you need a new unit,do not think this is the case,you have saved fours years service charges,time now to spend on one and hopefully should can be able to be repaired at the same time.. with an extra charge ofcourse

Thank you for the reply
I,m afraid being a domestic property I didnt know I had to have it serviced I have always had the boiler serviced each year
However The unit has never been over 1.5 Bar and it has a 3 bar relief valve and a vent on the top all supplied by Nu-Heat so how could it fail with all of these safety measures
Nu- Heat say they will not help as they need service history but I can not find anything in my paperwork that insists on yearly tests
I will ask them to provide the paperwork supplied and addressed to me stating this service is required

John F

funny that, I do boiler services and some customers want their cyls all checked annually others think your taking the mick, so you cant win. However being that most things that fail are easily resolved I wonder if the annual service is worthwhile in monetary terms? some may feel not

I think I may book my regular 4 year service
By the way there is no leak this morning and pressure has remained
I,m wondering if the cat had visited

Thanks
John F

I have found the fault !
As mentioned earlier, I in fact was jumping to conclusions
I had a leak from the spindle of a motorized valve that was dripping on top of the cylinder and running through a little plastic plug on the top that wasn't fully seated which in turn ran to the bottom of the cylinder

John F

John F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Nu-Heat Water Cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
My landlord's great at getting all the Scottish government funding that's going, and there's full insulation, double glazing, an airsource heat pump and a Mitsubishi Ecodan unit. The Mitsubishi installation manual says in big letters "The cylinder unit MUST be located indoors and in a frost free...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when the Gledhill controls for the “hot water” and “central heading” are turned on the Ideal boiler makes a constant “clicking” noise and tries to start...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock