Discuss Oil consumption meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Any one have any experience at the cheaper end of the market, can't seem to find one below £100.00, would be nice to have a total flow over a period and current consumption, or am I asking too much?

Not really accurate enough, the gaps between the marks on a gauge or dipstick are so small that the quantity of fuel left/used is really a guess or at best an estimate in the short term, I am looking for a more accurate reading between adjustments to get empirical evidence of improved performance.

Last edited:
Thanks for that both of you, the "Apollo" I already have a non working one of those, lasted about a month, I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that I won't get one for the budget I set myself, will keep looking.

That's interesting, I have fitted the unit and it is reading the fuel level accurately to about +/- 10% how accurately it will read the consumption remains to be seen, but looks very good so far.

In an application like this level is a reasonably easy to measure, you’ve got a fluid that doesn’t move much. The level instrument is looking for a reflection from the change in fluid from oil to air. If the density of the oil changes by 20% it doesn’t matter much because it’s the boundary it’s looking for.

Your original query was on flow, that’s a whole different beast.

Reply to Oil consumption meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock