Search the forum,

Discuss oil heating in a church in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
was asked by one of our parish members about oil fired heating for the local church. And by any means its not a hugh church, just a typical small village church, more of a hall if anything. I said i would look into it. So im not sure on any regs regarding heating in a church, ie copper pipes or steel pipes etc, radiator covers etc. I know the next village has oil fired heating and has copper pipes and a bunded oil tank, but does anyone know of any certain things tp plan for or know where to get some good advice, thanks

talked to an experienced oftec engineer who can do the work.

Churches can be a sticky issue. We had to move a boiler three times in one in the space of two years because people higher up kept deeming it "unsuitable".

imho i would ask them to talk with whoever manages the area for their required spec and get an experienced oftec engineer to do the oil side of it all by the book or you'll end up in a world of pain over it and especially with the location of the tank.

There should be a Dioscian Advisory Commitee which looks after matters like this, you should contact them first, plus this link ay be of some help.[DLMURL="http://www.churchcare.co.uk/building.php?CDI"]Churchcare[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks to all for the info, i am an OFTEC engineer, but most of my work has been domestic with only minor commercial experience. doing the work is not an issue, its just the regs etc, i shall speak with the warden, and clarify everything has to be "passed" or okay`d before work were to start. Thank you stani for the useful link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to oil heating in a church in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock