Search the forum,

Discuss Ok, you meter boys ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CMairiD

... if you encounter old coin meters, do you change it upon sight or only if you deem it a safety risk?

IMG_1016.jpgIMG_1017.jpg

This meter hasn't been used since 2007 and I'm getting ready to have gas central heating installed here. When BG come to hook up the outlet, just curious if they'll change the meter too.

Oh crap, just notice the test nipple screw is missing!

Last edited by a moderator:
it cant be a modern one it would have a £20 note slot due to the price of gas these days lol

ant:wink:

LOL, true!

It's been converted to a credit meter or so says the label. Good thing too, cos when shortly after opening the meter box, the meter box and coin box fell off!

is the home owner not allowed a normal non credit meter, do they have a poor credit rating?

meters knackerd they will fit a new one encountered many of theses in my time i remember the stupid blue key type as well

is the home owner not allowed a normal non credit meter, do they have a poor credit rating?
He's on quarterly payment right now which is strange in itself given his only gas appliance was removed in 2007 for spillage (fire). BG charged him for 1ft3 last quarter and it's been capped at the ECV for 3 years. Go figure!

while were on the subject of meters im seeing a lot of what were sunken meters with a brown meter box added to the top ive not had to deal with one yet but i assume they have standaard meters inside anyone know why?

the ones i have seen are not standard and i dont know why they are used they are stupid designs

while were on the subject of meters im seeing a lot of what were sunken meters with a brown meter box added to the top ive not had to deal with one yet but i assume they have standaard meters inside anyone know why?

As said not standard meters,did a tightness test on one the other week,the box was full of snails,centipedes,spiders ,cobwebs,little cacoon things and stale water,was like something that''I'm a celebrity get me out of here,, would use

:ack2:

Its now a credit meter like any other, (but old!). Removing the mechanism was a very common way of saving the cost of replacing the whole thing.

Common sense would suggest both it and the governor are replaced. (To make sure, break out the test nipple) but I didn't say that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ok, you meter boys ... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock