Discuss okay a question for any one thats gas safe (boiler). in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Becky4 I smell a rat ,what you landlord is doing is probably illegal, I have never in my life told a customer they have to leave the property when changing a boiler as it is usually a days work, Personally I would tell him to get stuffed its not your problem he is debt if you dont have heating and hot water stop the rent end of story,regarding the boiler change ,take a photo of the bloke doing the job and check its the same block on the gas safe register, and if not alarm bells will ring, regarding him wanting you out on 16th of january ,if that suits you move if not stay there for a few months rent free as the only way he can get you out is taking you to court which can take months, good luck

As Obseen has said, sounds like your landlord wants to do the boiler himself, on a side note it is much less stressfull doing work in a house when no one is in I much prefer it. Most of my work is done when there is none in as people have to go to work etc etc, sometimes youve just got to trust people.
In your case though it does sound dodgy.

i hate dodgy landlords worse than the stuff that comes out of the back of dogs, i always make a point of charging them more if possible

i once had a right horrible landlord, i felt really sorry for the poor lass that was renting from him, he wanted me to fit this horrible cheap and VERY undersized boiler for the house, i told him it wont do the job properly and he replied i dont give a sh*t i wont be the one living there.

My reply was "well i wont be installing it then!"

some landlords are just in it for the money, most are nice enough tho.

Last edited:
its funny when the shoe is on the other foot I do like to rub it in lol

might want you out quicker so by removing your boiler and not fitting a new one he can say you got no leccy heating hot water so you carnt move back in,could be wrong but thats how ad read it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to okay a question for any one thats gas safe (boiler). in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back