Discuss Old cookers and gas safe certificates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha. And these are supposed to be the clever generation lol
Fk me what will the next lot be like
I'm actually still laughing at that one lol

Yeah well, there are plumbers who have BAs in English Literature. After all, a lot of people need to make a lot of money out of students so everyone needs to go to university, even if it isn't in their interest.

Did I tell you a friend's brother (he was 17) was left alone at home by his parents and he called an electrician out because a lightbulb had blown and he didn't know how to change it? At least he had the initiative to get it sorted, I suppose.

To be frank I have 3 kids of worrying age. 15 16 and 19.
They are all ****ing useless.
Scares the **** out of me these ****ers are the future.
Cant even flush a toilet

Tbh Phil my ma slapped me in the 60's for not flushing the toilet or pyshing on the floor but i catch yer drift

I think that's probably why I'm a plumber - we had no money to get everything done and my so we got on with it. Eventually I discovered it was better if I did this sort of thing than let my mother do this sort of thing

('I put my fingers behind the fuse cartridge to get better grip'.
'Well, you could at least have switched the consumer unit mains switch off first if you were going to wrap your fingers around the pins')

In fairness, I did learn how to change spark plugs, oil, and contact breaker points from her.

Which is why I'm surprisingly good at getting anything ancient and obsolete working again. Really useful when you're doing repairs to get new custom.

Last edited:
Hi sorry for delayed update - I thought this had been moved to the professional gas forum, not the Arms...

Anyway, the update is that incredibly my mother has got in touch with the RGI and he has replied to the effect that, while, yes there is a clearance issue and she needs to move the shelves in any case, he isn't happy putting his name to a Gas Safety Certificate on that cooker (without failsafe devices) knowing that the house is going to be let. Seeing as the meter is a of the prepayment type, I can't really say I blame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old cookers and gas safe certificates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back