Discuss Old floor standing flue question help please!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spilla8

H image.jpg

Hi, I have attached a picture of my problem. I am going to fit a new kitchen but this big concrete block is in my way. I believe it's the flue from the old floor standing boiler which has been upgraded to a combi the other side of the kitchen. As it goes all the way up to the chimney I don't want to remove it with out some advice. I was thinking of just knocking it off and then plaster boarding etc to make look good on the inside and then put either a vent on the outlet on the chimney at the other end for ventilation or either fully block it off with a balloon system or expanding foam so water cannot enter the chimney from the rain etc....

it it can't be a support surely for the chimney as there's nothing underneath it? It is a semi detached house and that is the wall adjoing the neighbours.

hopefully given enough info for you to help me, I have more pics if it would help....

cheers!

Yeh could do that but wanted to know whether it was simple enough to do myself and risks etc (if there are any)

just wondered if any one has had this problem before and how it was resolved.

cheers for the reply tho mate

Yeh I have thought about the asbestos element... Could be in the mortar I think? Sorry I'm a carpenter lol

Also it's part of the party wall and you may destroy next doors flue?

It's probably why it is still there. Because of asbestos..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Old floor standing flue question help please!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock