Search the forum,

Discuss old vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevetheplumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
gpo fg.jpgbelieve it or not i had two of these in the late seventies early eighties as work vans was doing lots of large boiler installs then and had to carry scafold and block and tackle for getting sections in as well as welding gear ladders and steel pipe mine didnt have the window in the front just the ladder flap they came from bt and were very cheap less than a hundred pounds i sold the first one to a bloke who needed to move a boat from scotland to southhampton and offered me a good profit it must have been some journey as it only did about 55mph

Nice n easy on the eyes, firm believer in less is more with van signwriting.

Totally agree, I definitely over branded my van; the sign writing has paid for itself mind. but iam going simple on my next one

View attachment 23633believe it or not i had two of these in the late seventies early eighties as work vans was doing lots of large boiler installs then and had to carry scafold and block and tackle for getting sections in as well as welding gear ladders and steel pipe mine didnt have the window in the front just the ladder flap they came from bt and were very cheap less than a hundred pounds i sold the first one to a bloke who needed to move a boat from scotland to southhampton and offered me a good profit it must have been some journey as it only did about 55mph

morris bullnose?

Big n bold is fine but if I can`t read and digest it all in the 10 seconds whilst your stationary then that's it your gone.

i dont think you actually get much work from sign writing while your on the move tends to be more when your parked outside a job

Agree^
Meant the times when at traffic lights or whatever and people get a 10 sec look.
I take in what they do then if of interest I go straight to the .co bit whilst reaching for the phone and take a picture.

my dad was ex BT and his first van was one of these,they all got called bullnoses according to the old man,though that may have been a nickname for them,he moved onto a bedford tk after that which he said was vastly more refined

Yes, Bullnose was a nickname for a few of the Morris range at the time, "Vastly more refined" very much an understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to old vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock