Discuss One cold Rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

darrenangel

I have an open vented heating system. The rads were getting warm, but some more than others. So I decided to give it a chemical flush using Fernox F3 ( concentrate cleaner ). I drained the circuit and refilled with fresh water(as recommended). Applied the F3, now one of the rads will not warm up at all ( it did before I drained and refilled the system).
Here's some background info. Most of the rads in the house are supplied from exposed pipework dropping down from the ceiling. A pain as they don't have drain cocks and so need draining by undoing the valve unions at each individual drop. In the extension the pipes drop down to supply one rad. There is a drain cock below this rad. Then they must go under ground(concrete floor) to the ajoining room then come up from ground level to the rad. This is the rad that won't warm up now. Is it possible that by draining down i've bought all the crap in the system down to block the pipework to this rad. Any help would be much appreciated.
Darren

more tha likely air lock try turning all radiators off apart from 1 not heating up and see if it heats up. you may also need to re balance syatem if you were turning off and on lockshields when draining down.

I didn't adjust any lockshields whilst draining down. I will give your advice a go. Thanks

take it off when the system in on and then open the valves into a bucket. you'll soon find out what the problem is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to One cold Rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock