Discuss Open therm technology in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just a quick tip for all the people on the site due to the rediculous price of energy we are all looking where savings can be made , I have recently been contacting the boilers I install to work on open therm this doesn't work for all boilers but a modern combi is usually compatible, it's worth talking to your Gas installer about possible savings . Regards kop

Additionally there are other energy savings such as lower flow and return temperatures, weather compensation et al.
Agreed mate I even got round to doing my own boiler today reconfigued the nest thermostat settings to work on open therm with my Atag ic 27 economiser controls heating to 60 °c and below , hot water set to 55° c both adjustable on the nest app . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220924-075036.png
    Screenshot_20220924-075036.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20220924-075048.png
    Screenshot_20220924-075048.png
    194.4 KB · Views: 2
I just keep turning / adjusting our flow temp it’s at 47 atm

Reply to Open therm technology in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
I have read that an Auto Bypass Valve (ABV) is not compatible with a pump set to Proportional Pressure (PP) mode. I have a recently fitted...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Back