Search the forum,

Discuss open vent boiler mate 2000 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 32524

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello,

Boiler not getting a sl from this boiler mate and not firing. Never seen one before boiler mate 2000 that is. It looks like the boiler gets a switched live from there but there is no voltage on the sl at the boiler mate. Every other connection has power when it should.

All the lights are on and the dhw pump is running constantly.

New board?

Any suggestions welcome.

Is the lcd display on or blank? A blank display and the dhw pump running constantly means new board, which are very expensive.

wait a minute, sorry. Yes the display screen for numbers and not the green led lights all in a downwards row!? It was blank yes

Yeah the board is knackered mate. Had this same fault not that long ago. Think the part number is GT155, cost about ÂŁ180 +vat from memory.

Hello,

i have a similar boiler to attend next week with a boilermate!

Apparently its quite common for a fault on boiler to cause a spike in voltage & take out the pcb on boilermate! I would suggest doing a temp 240v to boiler to check it fires up correctly first before fitting new board & having that blow up too!

the job I am doing next week had water drip onto pcb and take out both boiler & boilermate board, wiring a 240v volt to boiler showed the pcb on boiler was dead!

Wouldn't using a multimeter show this ?

I had no 240v at boiler so I guessed the boilermate board was duff and not sending boiler a signal, but putting a permanent 240v to boiler board allowed me to see the boiler board had died and most likely the reason it took out the boilermate board if that makes sense.

If I had gone to the merchants for just a new boilermate board, it would have looked like I diagnosed it wrong if the boiler still did not work... Or worse case, the dead pcb might spike my new boilermate board again...

Just read the thread properly - ignore my last post

Just to say

wired live to boiler and it fires ok. Waiting for part to come in.

Thanks for the input everyone.

fitted new board on boilermate 2000 yesterday and it worked a treat :) easiest pcb ever to change lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to open vent boiler mate 2000 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock