Discuss Open vent boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Usually fit vaillants, but need to replace a large floor standing boiler in a cellar. Looking at two 24 kW heat only. Don't want to pressurise it, as its a mixture of old and new rads and pipework.
never been happy with open vent Vaillant. So can someone recommend me another manufacturer?

Usually fit vaillants, but need to replace a large floor standing boiler in a cellar. Looking at two 24 kW heat only. Don't want to pressurise it, as its a mixture of old and new rads and pipework.
never been happy with open vent Vaillant. So can someone recommend me another manufacturer?

viessmann 100-w open vent and intergas ????????? :D

Lol, not in Cleckheaton was it Chalked , I looked at the self same job today

Youd never get out lol.

One i looked at old floor standing mexico, mega old rads and cylinder , my guy wants a combi, but on rads and pipework of that age , i am just aint sure, considering to run the boiler to a plate ex and keep rads open vented .

Could you do the same ? And use large system boiler ?

Youd never get out lol.

One i looked at old floor standing mexico, mega old rads and cylinder , my guy wants a combi, but on rads and pipework of that age , i am just aint sure, considering to run the boiler to a plate ex and keep rads open vented .

Plate heat exchanger looks a good idea. Keep the boilers separate from the old system.
Who's heat exchangers do you use?

Plate heat exchanger looks a good idea. Keep the boilers separate from the old system.
Who's heat exchangers do you use?

Never actually done it , this place has about 18 rads its a lot bigger than i generaly come across, changing the rads is a defo no. It just seemed the best way of doing it . I need to get some info/drawings for it. You ever done it ?

Youd never get out lol.

Been reading up on Intergas, I'm sure you can use the combis as open vented.. That'll probably be your best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Open vent boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

What pipework changes are needed to replace a conventional open vented gravity boiler to a combi boiler ? Would toilet flush/cisterns need replacing ?
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
I have a 40 year old floor standing Glow Worm 45-60 boiler (open vent )which is in a cupboard in the centre of the house. Its an old workhouse...
Replies
Views
… praying to the plumbing God, Bob Pictures and layout details attached, so be patient. 21 year old oil fired system in pretty good nick. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock