Discuss Original or pattern mixer tap cartridge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original Newform cartridge part no. 14720 ranges from £40 to 60 euros. What looks like a pattern part from Ownace is only £7.99. Can anyone advise if the pattern part is "likely" to be OK or do I need to pay the extortionate price to be certain of quality?
Steve (DIY home owner, not professional!)

I only fit genuine parts myself mate. So this one is not for me. But someone should be along to guide you in the correct direction.

If you can find a technical drawing of the Ownace, and match it EXACTLY to the OEM part, for £7.99 I'd have though its worth a punt. If it fails in a short time you've not lost much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Original or pattern mixer tap cartridge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
We are renovating our upstairs bathrooms and there is an issue with shutting off the new mixer fittings - all six of them. The matter is holding...
Replies
Views
O
Hi all, We have some terrible water hammer in our house. I've had a plumber come round to try and fix it, to no avail, but I'm not convinced he...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Hoping for a bit of advice/info in this one: My Setup Small system in apartment with cold tank above hot tank in the hotpress, so...
Replies
Views
We are replacing our kitchen mixer tap, but I haven't figured out how to remove the old one yet as I'm a lowly DIY-er and unfamiliar with the...
Replies
Views
Hi we've just had a bathroom fitted with a mixer tap to the sink and mixer tap with a bath handheld shower fitting to the bath and there is almost...
Replies
Views
Back