Search the forum,

Discuss Overhead drench shower - best way to fit through ceiling? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

realstokebloke

I am fitting an overhead drench shower with a biggish shower head to come through the ceiling.

(I have done a couple of other posts elsewhere asking about the pipework & the CWSC - so thanks for all help there.)

It has to have a short ceiling arm (as the ceiling is relatively low and i have a raised tray). it is this one:

Search Results

(Think this is 1/2 inch.)

So i drill through the ceiling and attach it to some copper pipe with compression fittings i assume.

I was then going to put a noggin at right angles across and screw on a compression backplate elbow to it - so it's all sturdy & solid.

Then run the pipe up to that vertically.

Then at the feed in 'end' of the elbow (the horizontal), i was going to run either 15mm pipe (copper or PEX) with an iso valve or run a flexi across from the shower mixer feed, about 0.5 mtr away.

Does that sound like a plan?

Or a receipe for disaster?

All pointers gratefully received, thanks.

oh and there was a bit of a can i or cant i at the merchant for usings one of these but the shower manufacturer at the time said since there is no pressure to the head once the valve is turned off there should be no problem

hope you get it sorted mate

:iagree: I always do them using this fitting, it makes it easy-peasy.

ive seen a few with a sticker saying not for mains pressure but sold as a garden tap kit ! that one always stumped me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Overhead drench shower - best way to fit through ceiling? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the return on the combi (ideal 35) runs directly behind the boiler then up through the ceiling so I have no clearance to even attempt to snake it out to fit a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm installing a walk in shower, opening into shower will be on right, mixer value on right, but shower head and drain on left. The pipe work from the shower mixer valve is exposed silver colour pipework. the pipe work will run up from the valve then take a hard left at the ceiling...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock