Discuss Overhead shower arm too long... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
Been doing a job with Kev and we've come a cropper...
Got a thermostatic shower mixer with 2 shower heads, one movable and one overhead fixed one. The overhead has rigid exposed pipework going up to the 90deg then an arm where the shower head is.
Something like this:
shower.jpg

Problem is, the arm is too long and we need to cut about 4" off it as the distance from the bar mixer to the ceiling is less than the length of the vertical arm - if you get me...
The chrome pipe is machined at both ends (bottom has an internal thread and the top has a couple of o-rings that fit into the 90deg bit)and it's not 15mm, it's more like 18mm, so we can't just cut it and pop an ISO on there to reduce the length as it's not a standard size.

Does anyone have any idea how we can shorten this pipe, or where to get a shorter one without throwing £200 at it?

Any help would be super awesome! :D

Ahh mate that's a school boy eror, have you phoned the manufacturer for advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Overhead shower arm too long... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock