Search the forum,

Discuss p shaped bath panel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanttolearn

Gas Engineer
Hi guys I'm after a bit of help as im learning the plumbing trade. I've just fitted a p shaped bath which was not supplied with a side panel so customer has gone out and bought one from b and q.
How would I know it is matching the bath?
Would I Need to fit a frame on the straight part of the bath?
There was clips already screwed on the underside of the bath which I assume they are for the bath panel?
At first glance I think it a wrong pane or I need different clips?
Any help I would really appreciate thanks

Hello there,

Why don't you ask your customer to buy the right bath panel where he bought the p shaped bath? Most of the time you won't fit the bath panel but you can be lucky...

I would always build a frame around the bath to support the bath as well

Thanks for the reply they bought the bath from some shop which was closing down and that was a few weeks 4. I just wanted to make sure instead of taking hours to try and fit it.
I did make a frame to go against the wall to support the bath but just haven't done a frame for the front as of yet thanks

If you have got the right panel that size of bath then sometimes you do not need a frame depends how you supported the bath at the back.

Here check the link [video]http://www.bathrooms.com/instructions/F-208Left_P_Shaped_Bath_Installation_Manual.pdf[/video]

When I fit a timber frame to the side of the bath should I put a spirit level vertically to the side of bath. Mark it and then make the frame about three quarters of an inch inside the bath thanks yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to p shaped bath panel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock