Search the forum,

Discuss Panel & compact radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shneld

Hello

As title, why is a compact radiator called a compact radiator?

You can buy panel radiators and then buy a conversion kit (2 side panels & a top panel) what I don’t understand is how, buy fitting the conversion kit, it turns the radiator into a compact radiator as all you have done is fitted 3 panels to it???

Also why in the first place is a compact radiator called a compact radiator.

Please forgive me if I’m been thick, I’m not a plumber.

Thanks

i really don't know why u are worrying about this does it really matter, why is a hoover called a hoover when it's made by dyson ?
come to that why am i even replying to this i think we both need to get out more

haha - why is it that people think its gonna rain if the cows lie down?

you answer my question ive always wanted answer too and i'll answer yours

A radiator is called compact when sides and top grills fitted as that is the very definition of compact

Definition: Closely or firmly united, as the particles of solid bodies; firm; close; solid; dense.

To press closely together; to join firmly; to consolidate; to make close; as the parts which compose a body.

To unite or connect firmly, as in a system.

Also on double compact rads,you can remove a end panel and the misses can keep her splatter and dapper make up in the gap between panels

As for cows laying down,its to do with their digestive systems,the lower pressure which occurs during over cast and rainy weather effects it in a negative way therefore they lay down on their stomachs to relieve the situation and add to there comfort

They often lay down together for protection making their unit more compact,which brings me back to the original interesting question
:confused::confused::cool:

imho

i really don't know why u are worrying about this does it really matter, why is a hoover called a hoover when it's made by dyson ?
come to that why am i even replying to this i think we both need to get out more

Its not its called a Dyson :) Dyson have never called them a Hoover as its a brand name that everyone associated with vacuum cleaning. (I think i need to escape too)

The main thing I was on about is how can fitting panels to a panel radiator make it compact when it has got bigger!!!

But as puddle says the definition of compact aint particularly smaller but enclosed, solid......etc

Is the only difference between a panel and compact rad aesthetics? I’m after 11 rads, so Im just doing some research :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A radiator is called compact when sides and top grills fitted as that is the very definition of compact

Definition: Closely or firmly united, as the particles of solid bodies; firm; close; solid; dense.

To press closely together; to join firmly; to consolidate; to make close; as the parts which compose a body.

To unite or connect firmly, as in a system.

Also on double compact rads,you can remove a end panel and the misses can keep her splatter and dapper make up in the gap between panels

As for cows laying down,its to do with their digestive systems,the lower pressure which occurs during over cast and rainy weather effects it in a negative way therefore they lay down on their stomachs to relieve the situation and add to there comfort

They often lay down together for protection making their unit more compact,which brings me back to the original interesting question
:confused::confused::cool:

imho

haha, well thats solved it for me puddle - i know what to tell the kids and missus now.

a compact rad with the sides and top on make it more 'compact' to the wall eliminating voids.

They sit the same distance but look more.

Have a look:
[DLMURL]http://www.myson.co.uk/products/97_604_ENU_HTML.htm[/DLMURL]
[DLMURL]http://www.myson.co.uk/products/97_1645_ENU_HTML.htm[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Panel & compact radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock