Discuss Part 2 ball valve in roof tank. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ozzy

Hi I had water dripping out of the overflow, so fitted a new part 2 ball valve, all ok shutting off. 2days later its dripping again, Adjusted it, fine. Next evening come home running faster, Thought must be faulty so fitted a new one. 2 days later dripping again, must be a faulty batch so I thought. Got one from a different store and fitted, all fine 4 days later come home running faster than ever. This tank only feeds water to a shower and basin. no expansion. can someone help this one has me baffled ?

Could be mains cold water back feeding across & slowly filling the storage cistern up.
Got any mixer taps or shower valves with mains cold ?

Hi I had water dripping out of the overflow, so fitted a new part 2 ball valve, all ok shutting off. 2days later its dripping again, Adjusted it, fine. Next evening come home running faster, Thought must be faulty so fitted a new one. 2 days later dripping again, must be a faulty batch so I thought. Got one from a different store and fitted, all fine 4 days later come home running faster than ever. This tank only feeds water to a shower and basin. no expansion. can someone help this one has me baffled ?
Have you an indirect hot water cylinder? My money is on split coil, and water in two cisterns (expansion and CWS) seeking to find level

I'd be more inclined to go for a mixer tap problem. quickest way to prove it is by turning the mains off.

I'd be more inclined to go for a mixer tap problem. quickest way to prove it is by turning the mains off.
Thanks for replies, The cold water tank only feeds the cold basin tap and the power shower, there is a separate direct combination (fortic) tank that feeds the hot basin tap and power shower, not a mixer tap hope this clarifies the setup.

whats highest, the water level in the fortic or in the cold water tank ?

The water level in the fortic is higher.. The shower doesn't get used that often only when guest's stay, and has never been a problem until this time. Are you thinking the shower could be faulty? It has an integral pump in the shower if this helps.

try isolating the shower & see if the overflow stops dripping.
If it does there's your problem

did you change the whole valve or did you break it at the union inside the tank? some of the newer valves dont seem to seat properly on the lod unions and drip at the nut

I am going to try isolating the shower next. I have installed 3 brand new complete valves as I have also found that breaking them often means they do not seal so always now try to fit new complete units. I will try and isolate the shower tomorrow morning and see how it goes, will keep you posted! Many thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part 2 ball valve in roof tank. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock