Search the forum,

Discuss Part query, can anyone tell me what this is? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

divadl78

Hello,

I work as a Legionella Assessor and recently came across this copper part which is inline with the flow on a vented indirect cylinder. The bottom is connected to the central heating flow upstream of a pump. Could someone tell me what it is and how it works. My concern is there is potential for inhibitor to contaminate the hot water supply of a clients premises.

IMAG0301.jpg

A big thank you for any help with this.

air separator ?????? never seen on that big

It looks like a Hydro-Spartan unit which converts standard and horizontal hot water cylinders to work like a Primatic cylinder.

Thanks fellas, i've found via google an explanation for how it works.
Basically the Spartan is in 2 sections, split top and bottom. Water from
the domestic side of the system is piped through one of the side
fittings, into the top chamber. In the middle of the top chamber is an
upstand pipe. Once the water level reaches the top of the upstand pipe
it overflows into the bottom chamber. The bottom chamber is connected to
the central heating system, this water from the DHW system is used to
fill the central heating system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Part query, can anyone tell me what this is? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock