Discuss Partial voltage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bright spark

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Don't know if you've had any of these problems lately.
Had 2 jobs in d last 10 days where heating wasn't working due to incoming voltage being between 110-180 volts. Had a potterton prima fan running but boiler not going to fire, and the other on a remeha gas 210 Eco cycling but not starting. 2nd one was a bit puzzling till I put d test leads on.
sure keeps life interesting.

did there tv work? did they not wonder why the kettle took 15hours to boil??

sounds like interesting work.

I've only ever had 1 before. Christmas Day 2011. Whole house like it.

also I like the use of the d where the should have been it forced me to read in an Irish accent

1st was an old dears house. Second was in a school at 8 in d morning. Hadn't had time to put kettle on. Put that d in for you, gasmanrob!
They were on opposite sides of Dublin. Ye never know what yer going come up against.
Gonna b a cold 1 here tonight, -6 they say.

Was that the whole house? I've had that with dodgy components before, zone valves doing that are sneaky!

School will be 3 phase so possibly bad loaded system. Get a cable chimp oot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Partial voltage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone not long gas safe and would like a more experienced opinion on scenario below i have tried to give as much detail as possible as know...
Replies
Views
L
Greetings one and all. I have been asked to look at a central heating system. The boiler is not firing so I did some tests. It's a standard Y...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
B
Evening Gas Dudes. I require I little tech help with a ravenheat csi 85, combi with the dual pass heat exchanger and one thermistor. So I...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
R
Hey all, apologies for the long post: I've had a new Ideal Vogue boiler installed with a T6 wired thermostat so the OpenTherm is activated as...
Replies
Views
richardc1983
R
Back