Search the forum,

Discuss Particle noise in radiators? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Hi,

I have recently moved in to a house and found a very old bottle of inhibitor next to a very dirty expansion and top up reservoir in the loft. Bleeding the rads the water was filthy too.

So I drained some out of a rad and added 2 bottles of fernox f3 and left it for a week under normal operation.

After a week I drained down the system, cleaned out the tank then refilled 3 times, bled and ran for a short time in between too. The water was very dirty and yellow and now it is very clear and clean.

All is well and the system is working well except I have a noise like small particles in the radiators from when the pump starts until the system goes off (it also did this before) I have drain some out to see if it's particles but other than the odd very small dot nothing that I can see would make the noise of that frequency. I have bleed all rads and valves and there is not airin the system. I also added fernox inhibitor on the last fill.

Does anyone know what this would be? It's quite annoying hearing the tinkling, tink..... Tink.... Tink.

Thanks in advance, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Particle noise in radiators? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one on the existing brackets, and reconnect the existing valves, and then top up. Would draining the entire system be necessary? If draining is not...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock