Discuss Pex sizes variants 15 16 1/2" in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm about to run water and heating pipes to what is going to be my new studio/garage building and trying to choose the type of pex for the job.
I would like to use blue and red for the cold and hot water but I have noticed that it only comes in 1/2" rather than 15mm.
Now, as I see pex and pex-al-pex in 15mm, 16mm and 1/2" sizes my question is simply . . . can I use 1/2" pex instead of 15mm pex?
Furthermore, is by any chance 16mm equal to 1/2" which is in fact 15.8mm ?

Many Thanks

Maz

You got some links to the products ?

You got some links to the products ?

I think this is what they use in the USA, I've seen various videos, I like the product (and it is also cheaper) but it's 15.8mm (0.8 larger) even though many states it makes non difference in pex and also in copper, same fittings as 15mm. POSSIBLE ?
[automerge]1590615260[/automerge]

Attachments

• Pex size 2.jpg
    Pex size 2.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Pex Size.jpg
    Pex Size.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 6
If your planning on using that your going to need transition fittings

Reply to Pex sizes variants 15 16 1/2" in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello After a lot of procrastinating I've decided to go down the Hep2o PEX route for our random house (basically a mix of rads fed by a one-pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - this is only my second thread on here, so I hope I'm observing all the rules...would appreciate your thoughts... We're in the...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all. After a bit of advice/guidance. I'm currently refurbing my 1st-floor bathroom and the ancient plumbing system in the house...
Replies
Views
Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
Powerful cordless 2-in-1 Air Duster & Vacuum The Dusta Duo 2-in-1 Air Duster & Vacuum features a super powerful 60,000 rpm motor and creates a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock