Discuss Pipe best used for joist floors in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

What pipe for plumbing Radiators and domestic do most plumbers use for upstairs with joist floors on new builds these days iv used copper and hep but resently bout a press but never tryied it on a 1st floor with joists is it viable to do it with the 16mm pipe and 20mm pipe as its not as flexiable as the hep to get through joists

Mlcp for me 25mm main runs and 16mm to the rads

16mm Is about the same as speedfit the non lay flat stuff so easily thread 25mm you can thread through but recommend two people one to hold the coil and the other to thread etc

Last edited:

Reply to Pipe best used for joist floors in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all, I’m currently in the process of refurbing my house, and have opted to wet UFH for the whole of the downstairs. The upstairs will be...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All I have a single pipe central heating system which was extended 20 years ago when we had an extension. The heating upstairs has never been...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I re done my house 2/3 years ago and had all my radiators taken out on the lower floor, changed to wet underfloor instead. 2 zones. 2...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Done a fair bit of reading and spoke to numerous plumbers/heating engineers and I get so many different answers to my question. By nature I'm a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock