Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe insulation advice sought in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, just joined the forum.
I am not a plumber but a handyman in my spare time for local customers for various jobs within my skillbase.
I have a job to do that requires some water pipes to be re-insulated. in the photo attached, it shows the pipes circled red to be done. Simple job i think but struggling to find the correct material to use as the wool insulation.
I thought i could find a wrap around wool that then gets taped like the existing but cannot find anything like that in the UK.
Can someone point me in the right direction, the trade name for such a product and possible suppliers. I could be going down the wrong path on this looking for a wrap-around product.
Could it be all fabricated pipe insulation that has been shaped and cut to fit?
could anyone advise please

Attachments

• Meter cupboard for quoting.jpg
    Meter cupboard for quoting.jpg
    413.3 KB · Views: 17
Arms flex panel insulation

Yes it’s stick back so peal and stick

Another product - Cork Tape ( Tar Cork Tape )

Wrap it around loosely and when done just squeeze it together to make it tight.
You can just keep adding layers to make it thicker.

Reply to Pipe insulation advice sought in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock