Discuss Pipe size length bends junctions to Combi - affect on water flow rate? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Even with a new supply the water might drop eg won’t stay at a solid 16lpm as the water services in the area might not be upto all capacity etc

Tbh new 25mm water service and install an accumulator

GB pipework is metric (unlike ours which is still imperial) so 25mm is probably ~ 19mm ID or(3/4"), you can look up a table to give you the relevant numbers but probably not a huge difference in installation cost if going for a larger diameter.
There are two types of accumulator, one builds up a accumulated vol when pressure rises due to reduction in demand, the other is a pumped type.
Suggest buying a pressure gauge that you can stick on the end of a outside tap and monitor the pressure over various usages/times before making any decisions.

Many thanks for everyone's advice and comments. I think I have a better understanding of the issues now, even though I am not sure of the best way to move forward to improve the situation!

Thanks for now.

Reply to Pipe size length bends junctions to Combi - affect on water flow rate? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock