Discuss Plant Room Nearly Finished :D in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriestyUK

Gas Engineer
Here some pictures of my plant room i've been working on for the last couple of weeks :D Got her up and running the other day all running nicely

Last edited:
Very neat mate, love it when all the valves are in line! Lot of money spent on fittings...Mapress?

Sure are Ch4.
I'd give a testicle for a nice commercial plantroom like that to do :(

looking nice. Not sure about the angle of pipe on the boosted cold water where it comes off though. Surprised they spec'd gas in copper though? Apart from that though mate looks top! ( i have to find these niggly things it's my job lol)

That angle probably saved the job about ÂŁ100 dude :D
Looks nice mate :)

I did think about taking it square so to speak of the booster set but then I had a vision of my boss giving it all "Do you know how much those fittings cost!!!" So took it the more direct route for that bit :( Would of done it in iron but speed took priority on this one. Iron is my speciality :D

This plant room feeds 19 Changing rooms with x2 Toilets x2 Basins x5 Showers some have more plus public areas hmmm heres a drawing of the underfloor heating layout to put a prospective on it

I try to take pride in what I do, i'm only 28 with 12 years experience always open to criticism and opinions always looking to learn, mainly do big jobs like this.

Mapress and Maincor used on this job, not a fan of maincor but was in spec, it works well but sizes and fittings are a head :nono: plus the stuff doesnt stay straight, not good for a pipe fitters eye like mine

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job. And yes those fittings aren't cheap doing an install at the moment using xpress fittings just the house alone has swallowed 10k in tube and fittings plant room starts in two weeks got 2 calorifiers going in 1.4 x 2.4 weighing 970kg each!

One T did red light me on the gun so had to get another one, checked with merchant how much a 66.7mm x 54 centre was whilst booking another one....guess how much lol..... ÂŁ110 it quickly went in the scrap bag before the boss saw. Out of sight, out of mind. God knows why I got a red light though, looked good but wasnt going to trust it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plant Room Nearly Finished :D in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock