Discuss Plastic pipes to/from unvented cylinder. in the Plumbing Advice Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Good afternoon,

We are looking to buy a property but having looked in the loft I noticed that push fit has been used on most of the connections on the unvented cylinder. Mixed views so far on whether this is OK so looking for some advice on whether I need this inspected further before we purchase. Sorry for the single picture - hoping to get some more next visit!

IMG_1040.jpeg

Cheers!

I don't like the stuff anyway so I have a negative opinion on it. It can be used for most things wet but there are one or two exceptions.
If you are concerned about the heating and hot water side of things, why not pay for a report from a Plumber/Heating Engineer? It will cost a few hundred quid no doubt but it will put your mind at ease and give you details of anything that might be deemed unacceptable or a possible future problem.

Provided:

1. The pipework from the temperature and pressure relief valve to the tun dish, and from the tun dish to drain is in copper, as it appears to be though can't see all of it. AND
2. Any secondary hot water circulation system is not piped in plastic,

- then I wouldn't worry about it.

The cylinder should have been signed off by a G3 engineer so no problems there.
I personally have no problem with push fit systems correctly installed and tested they work well.
Picture of what the 6x2 timbers of tank stand are sat on would be interesting.

No plumbing comments but the foreground bit without the 6x2 seems to have a lot of stuff there unless those boxes are all empty.

While you are up there check all the truss bracing and bracing restraint straps are correct. NHBC standards 7.2 gives you the latest version for free. What vintage is the house?

Blockwork pointing looks like needs attention.

Cheers,

Roy (amateur all trades)

Ask to see building regs form for it.

As above D2 not to spec plus it's in the loft and I see no insulation on it. But it's easy to pick fault.

Thanks for all the comments, really appreciated! I'm back there this week and will get a closer look and some more pics. Probably heading towards getting someone out to inspect to be honest.

I know this will be a difficult one to answer but assuming that the plastic needs to be copper and the tundish drop is wrong... are we talking hundreds or thousands of pounds to fix?

The plastic doesn't "need" to be copper.

Just from picture the d2 is incorrect and no insulation.

But best bet is a proper inspection.

Reply to Plastic pipes to/from unvented cylinder. in the Plumbing Advice Ireland area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock