Discuss Please help with Geberit flush! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

keithf

Hi all,

I have this Geberit flush fitting on a RAK Ceramics toilet, and need to open it up to get a look inside... but I don't know how to!

20140507_132356.jpg

I've tried unscrewing (but don't want to be too forceful in case I break something) and flushing then holding down the buttons but there's no screw or catch or anything to release it! I've also tried simply lifting the lid off the cistern, thinking that perhaps it is not fixed, but there is resistance so I assume I need to disconnect it from the internal mechanism somehow...

Any ideas at all?

Thanks!

The whole part unscrews. Try to push the larger button down only then use the smaller button against your finger for slight leverage to turn it. Also try to, for want of a better word, to jiggle it slightly as it turns as they can be quite stiff at times.

If you're having problems even getting the lid off then I would seriously consider calling in a plumber. When you lift the lid on that cistern, chances are the mechanism inside is Geberit too which requires a little prior knowledge of how they work/repair. So before you end up with an even more expensive repair bill on your hands, call someone in.

Please don't take offense to what I have said. Sometimes these things are more complicated than they seem.

If you're having problems even getting the lid off then I would seriously consider calling in a plumber. When you lift the lid on that cistern, chances are the mechanism inside is Geberit too which requires a little prior knowledge of how they work/repair. So before you end up with an even more expensive repair bill on your hands, call someone in.

Please don't take offense to what I have said. Sometimes these things are more complicated than they seem.

Can I please pass the last two lines to my boss`s wife who doesn`t understand just how many different types of flush button systems are out there nowadays Tom? We all got a snotty email the other month about this sort of thing.

Well, I have managed to get the lid off, but it turns out that the advice offered does not apply to the particular mechanism in my toilet! (I'd already seen this advice elsewhere and had tried several times but to no avail - turns out that my toilet is just "special"!!).

So, the lid DOES just lift off, the outer collar isn't attached to the inner button at all:

20140507_224645.jpg

20140507_224704.jpg

And the reason I had felt resistance when I'd tried to just lift it off in the past? A piece of masking tape left over from when it was brand new was still holding the lid to the cistern at the back! You can just see where I've torn it off behind the button mechanism in the photo.

Thanks for all the help anyway!

Can I please pass the last two lines to my boss`s wife who doesn`t understand just how many different types of flush button systems are out there nowadays Tom? We all got a snotty email the other month about this sort of thing.

Two words in there putting you onto a lose lose situation I'm afraid - boss & wife!

Give it all up now pal, resistance is futile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please help with Geberit flush! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock