Discuss Please HELP with new combi boiler , possible nightmare on my hands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Shaun_sdw

Hi guys I'm just wondering if anyone could please offer me some advice please .
i do apologise if I'm in the wrong section

i won't go into to much detail including company names etc but I feel that I'm getting something fitted that's costing a few thousand pounds and its going to turn into a total headache , it started off really bad and has seemed to get worse throughout the day

I'll list a few issues so far after day one of the installation from today ( they are coming back tomorrow )
info is a conversion from a old back boiler to a new combi boiler .
this is day one but I'll keep it updated

ok here we go

1) fitters didn't turn off the water but started to drain the system , resulting in all of the radiators up stairs to disperse water all over my bedroom floors and eventually through into the living room .:dead:

2) I find out the boiler they have pretty much fitted is totally different to the one that was ordered , I don't claim to know what is good or not but what I was expecting was a vokera vision c30 and when they have started to install is a alpha Eco boiler !!
Any advice on what is better ???

3) the boiler flue is coming out directly through the vertical brick window lintel !! Should this happen ? The window does not open for your info but the flue is very close to the double glaring panel .

it was going to be a one day job but because of what is going on the guys finished early as I'm awaiting to speak to the manager of the company tomorrow . Hopefully they will be back tomorrow to finish the job , or maybe not :)

It won't let me post pictures but yes I think so .
im not an expert but from the inside it looks like it goes through a horizontal concrete section and from the outside its through my vertical brickwork above the window

if I can upload pics I can show you ??

How did they spill all that water from the UPSTAIRS rads did they not drain the system down properly
You won't believe me but basically they connected the drain off pipe to to the bottom radiator , opened the valve , 10-15 mins later they went upstairs and removed the cores in the radiator valves on all upstairs rads , about 30mins after that I went up stairs to check on the cats as I had the locked in the big bedroom because of all the noise , I opened the door and dirty water was squirting everywhere .

to cut a long story short they didn't turn off the water supply

Sounds like you've got a couple of bright sparks who are only used to combi swaps - they didn't realise there's a header tank constantly replenishing the water...

I think alarm bells should of started to ring when there is the ability to 'order' a boiler change through a company.

This sounds like a nightmare! If they can't drain the system and have put the the flue through the lintel then this is bad news!!! A lintel holds up the structure above it......no holes to be made other than a picture hook!

As for the boiler the Alpha is probably a bit better as long as it's 28kw or more

So water came from every vent on the upstairs rads? Or did water come from one vent on one rad in a room you had locked? And any chance of a pic of the flue please?

You have two lintels one wooden or concret on internal and the vertical bricks external, the external lintal works on the principle that all the bricks are there if you remove on the whole lots going to fall eventually, id get them out of my house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please HELP with new combi boiler , possible nightmare on my hands in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock