Discuss Plumber problems - need advice please in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Do courts accept statements from employee in this situation or will they dismiss that?
They will consider what the witness has to say and will decide what weight to give it bearing in mind all the circumstances of the case and the other evidence available.

Only a real idiot lies under oath to help out their employer and judges are very experienced at detecting lies and inconsistencies. An employer who coerces an employee to lie to a court on their behalf is committing a serious criminal offence.

Anyway, you only have to prove your case 'on the balance of probability', which is bad news for your plumber.

They will consider what the witness has to say and will decide what weight to give it bearing in mind all the circumstances of the case and the other evidence available.

Only a real idiot lies under oath to help out their employer and judges are very experienced at detecting lies and inconsistencies. An employer who coerces an employee to lie to a court on their behalf is committing a serious criminal offence.

Anyway, you only have to prove your case 'on the balance of probability', which is bad news for your plumber.
Thanks. It's been extremely stressful for me and my family what he is putting us through.
He must feel he has a good chance of winning this case based upon lies and it remains to be seen if truth prevails over falsehood now.

Just a shame, as gave him so many opportunities to just come and put it right, even sending messages to him through family and friends to make him see sense and realise his errors but I guess when your downright stubborn and arrogant then this is where we now end up at.

Will post updates as and when I can.

I really appreciate all your help from each and everyone here.

If you don't mind divulging how much was the estimate for the corrective work?
One chap quoted around £950 if pipework to be concealed back into the stud wall in bedroom which is where it was originally fed through into or could be less if clipped to the outside of the wall coming down ij bedroom corner but I wanted it concealed as looks neater.

I do wish you well and the plumber concerned is clearly an arse but it's not a great deal of money in the grand scheme of things.

The nature of the fault and the fact that you can and have lived with it for all this time but more critically the amount of stress it has obviously caused you and your family, I'm not sure I would've bothered with this course of action.

Of course I hope you get the judgement but then considering his actions so far it might mean involving a recovery service.

I do wish you well and the plumber concerned is clearly an arse but it's not a great deal of money in the grand scheme of things.

The nature of the fault and the fact that you can and have lived with it for all this time but more critically the amount of stress it has obviously caused you and your family, I'm not sure I would've bothered with this course of action.

Of course I hope you get the judgement but then considering his actions so far it might mean involving a recovery service.
I understand it may not seem a big amount for some but the fact that he admitted the problem and originally was prepared to to it at no cost as then started off a few weeks later messaging me that he had asked for £350 Labour plus materials as he had not done this work was all a lie. Despite this I requested him to come sort it as agreed prior and his arrogance and attitude has prompted me to go this far as otherwise he will think everyone just a bluff and I can do what I want to anyone's property with no repercussions. I am hopefully going to set an example of him and there has been so many people who have actually encouraged me to pursue it, as they are all aware of his arrogance and how rude he. Plus its a matter of principles, if its wrong just be a man and come sort it, not to forget that this could well be having an impact on my energy bills considering it may be taking too long to heat the water tank as half of it is running into radiators and we all are struggling with high energy costs and more to come.

That's fine, I get it he's a sh*t however the law in this case isn't going to compensate you for how he treated you or made you feel.

As I said I wish you well in court but if you think this is going to teach him a lesson or "set an example" I very much doubt this will be his first or last affray or he'll be losing or has lost the sleep over this that you have. You're not going to be appealing to his conscience because if he had one he wouldn't have pulled the stunts he has or let it get this far.

The question to me isn't a moral one but one that I've felt has been a common thread throughout your posts. That is whether it really has been worth the anguish that you have admitted to and I'd say not but only you can be the final judge of that.

Reply to Plumber problems - need advice please in the UK Plumbers Forums area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock