Discuss Plumber problems - need advice please in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

It would appear that you can’t, my bad, sorry.
OK. No prob, I've submitted the money claims online just now and will hope for the nest and hope the county court judge can see through his deceit. He is going to lie to save his skin and I will speak the truth and won't drop to his level. Hopefully he slips up as liars can't remember what they said 10 minutes before. Wish me luck. Thanks for all your input to everyone and by all means if any other info can help me, please do respond here as il check it daily. Thanks

Another quick question.
I have been advised the plumber will use his worker as a witness. Will the courts accept a witness statement from an employee as this will obviously be a bias statement and he won't want to lose his job of he didn't provide one for his employer. Do courts accept statements from employee in this situation or will they dismiss that?

Thanks

Do courts accept statements from employee in this situation or will they dismiss that?
They will consider what the witness has to say and will decide what weight to give it bearing in mind all the circumstances of the case and the other evidence available.

Only a real idiot lies under oath to help out their employer and judges are very experienced at detecting lies and inconsistencies. An employer who coerces an employee to lie to a court on their behalf is committing a serious criminal offence.

Anyway, you only have to prove your case 'on the balance of probability', which is bad news for your plumber.

They will consider what the witness has to say and will decide what weight to give it bearing in mind all the circumstances of the case and the other evidence available.

Only a real idiot lies under oath to help out their employer and judges are very experienced at detecting lies and inconsistencies. An employer who coerces an employee to lie to a court on their behalf is committing a serious criminal offence.

Anyway, you only have to prove your case 'on the balance of probability', which is bad news for your plumber.
Thanks. It's been extremely stressful for me and my family what he is putting us through.
He must feel he has a good chance of winning this case based upon lies and it remains to be seen if truth prevails over falsehood now.

Just a shame, as gave him so many opportunities to just come and put it right, even sending messages to him through family and friends to make him see sense and realise his errors but I guess when your downright stubborn and arrogant then this is where we now end up at.

Will post updates as and when I can.

I really appreciate all your help from each and everyone here.

If you don't mind divulging how much was the estimate for the corrective work?
One chap quoted around £950 if pipework to be concealed back into the stud wall in bedroom which is where it was originally fed through into or could be less if clipped to the outside of the wall coming down ij bedroom corner but I wanted it concealed as looks neater.

Reply to Plumber problems - need advice please in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock