Discuss Plumbers paste on immersion heater compression valves in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

So did a job for a friend yesterday and made (i hope) a small muckup....

Installed a unvented heatrae sadia multipoint 15 but i used plumbers paste on all my compression elbows about 10 of them i only put it on the male threads.

The instructions state that it should not be used as it may impair the valves....

What do i do?
-take it to pieces then clean everything and install again?
-leave it?

Is the worse that can happen buying new temperature/presure valves or is there more serious things that can happen?

Aslong as you didn’t get it inside the fitting you will be fine as it’s only like using jointing compound on an olive

Thanks for the answers! only used a little and and only on the male thread... upon checking one there was little to no residue on the inside of the pipe.
The water is not connected yet so this would be the ideal time to start over.
would i be better of taping the male thread with ptfe after cleaning everything?

Thanks for the answers! only used a little and and only on the male thread... upon checking one there was little to no residue on the inside of the pipe.
The water is not connected yet so this would be the ideal time to start over.
would i be better of taping the male thread with ptfe after cleaning everything?
Are you talking about the compression elbows or male irons into the heater, PRV, expansion vessel etc?

Bit of a worry here Johnny although not notifiable to building control these water heaters need to be fitted by a trained installer , the termination of the safety devices needs to be be installed to comply with the water regulations and they need to be commissioned and tested are you qualified ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200425-075021.png
    Screenshot_20200425-075021.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20200425-074956.png
    Screenshot_20200425-074956.png
    217.9 KB · Views: 11

Reply to Plumbers paste on immersion heater compression valves in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have moved plumbing pipes for Ariston lux water heater As far as I can tell have moved and installed all pipe work correctly Fitted expansion...
Replies
Views
Good morning. I’m not a plumber but a homeowner trying to figure out an issue with an old steam unit. Basically, we bought an old house a little...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have solar panels (PV not thermal) on my roof which generate a lot more electricity than I use, but no batteries. My combi boiler has...
Replies
Views
Heno here. From Ireland. I'm a marine sparks but that doesn't qualify in any way to deal with electric and water. Pleasure to meet you all. I know...
Replies
Views
A
Our building has a boiler that provides both hydronic heat and domestic hot water. It's been working without any serious problems for 10+ years...
Replies
Views
arkay-eff
A
Back