Discuss Plumbfix Merchants in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tosh

Has anyone used the new 'plumbfix' guys yet?
It's a subsidery of Screw fix. I've ordered my catalogue would just be interested to hear other people's opinions if they've used them yet.

Ad says free delivery to site but it's probably onlyif you spend over 37 grand or something. :p

PLUMBFIX - Where the Plumber Buys

you must spend over £100 to get free delivery

have you a account with screwfix ?

gros10-1.gif

Plumbase is **** - most merchants are staffed by brainless monkeys!! Poss try an independant for the personal touch. Screwfix are better for price if you know what you need . . .

Interested to know if anyone else has experienced this: Watch out for sudden price hikes - you can end up paying a lot more than you think. The current catalogue apparently has a red cover, not blue.

I began to place an order today for a boiler and flue and was quoted a much higher price than in the catalogue. The over assertive sales girl was insistant that she had her VAT sums right, but didn't seem hear me quote the nett catalogue price that I had in front of me, although I must have said it at least three times.
Turns out there is a new catalogue out which I haven't got yet, which meant a £30 increase, so I sacked the order as I can get it cheaper locally.

UPDATE: I have to edit this bit as I was looking at the wrong column on the invoice - I am only about £14 worse off on the whole order, not the £154 I thought at 1.00 am this morning after beers! - which they were not willing to refund, but offered to refund diff. on boiler alone.

Radiators and stat were actually cheaper than previous catalogue, so cherry pick . . .

They were giving me the prices inc. vat on phone as I ordered, and in the catalogue it's nett, so you can't tell if it's the same or not. Best to just include last 2 digits of item code, as they denote which catalogue your looking at - current is 76

Last edited by a moderator:
My business uses these guys. I've ordered several times from them now and the service is nothing short of fantastic. Now I can afford to keep a well-stocked van and not waste time queueing in merchants.

i am waiting to recieve their catalogue some time soon, even though they said i wasnt a company. but 3 nasty e-mails later complaining lots and lots and a few pictures of van and work pics, they decided that oh yes i am trading as a plumber. hope its not going to be that hard to place orders with them!

I've placed 4 orders with Plumbfix since they started, prices are good and its never hard to make an order up to £100 to get free delivery. I try to place my orders on Friday so that I'm home on Sat to take delivery and check order. Their Salamander pump prices were very hard to beat last time I looked. You also get special offers, £10 vouchers and that sort of thing. Definitely has its uses.

Hi new on here and hope its the forum for pro plumber rather than the diy sector
Not used plumbfix yet but another online store i can recomend is pulsar direct especially for waste plastics pipe fittings and glue are well cheap fittings by the hundred are about 33p each only thing is its white which is fine for internal but not everyones cup of tea for external especially when your running into a grey stack and there are some limitations on the range of fittings available no street elbows is one omission however the do knucle bends which are adequate for most applications
there "hep " fittings are reasonable as well
like most of these places you have to cherry pick the best offers but it is easier than queing at several merchakts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbfix Merchants in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock