Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing Van Signwriting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbob

Gas Engineer
Looking at getting my blank white vivaro van signwritten, think it would definitely pay for itself in a couple months. Probably want something that will look good and stand out (in a good way). What kind of thing have people got written on there vans?

The guy told me if i write down what i want, then he will draw up a couple designs

will probably be looking at

*business name*
Plumbing extraodinaire
NG & LPG
Servicing, Installation and Repair
Renewable Sources - Heat pumps & Solar
will charge a fortuna
*number*
*Email?*
Also a dab hand at haberdashery (try shoe horn in asmuch as possible;))

Thanks, Jim

The sign writers usually have examples of vans they have done
I have my van sign written, never used to but found the main reason to have it done ,is to stop you getting pulled over by the police late at night, especially in the winter months when I will be working very late on boiler repairs
Before I had it done and it was a plain white van, would get stopped a couple of times a month, since signs, never been stopped
Have not got alot of work from having signed, most of the time you get approached by tight people saying can you just have a quick look at this, I am only 2 doors away (once that turned out to be 2 streets away:eek:) or a diyer asking advise or seeing if I have the right fitting for such and such job he has decided to tackle
Sometimes I turn up at a house and the customer will say they have seen my van about and it does give the customer an idea of stability
It is fun when someone comes up to you, when you are sat in your van, with plumbing and heating splashed over it and they say ‘are you a plumber mate’ and you say’no, I’am a blo##dy dress maker, mind you not so funny when they don’t see the funny side of it and storm off and give 3 new installs to someone else :( but hey who wants to work with someone with no sense of humor
Anyway, one thing I would say is visual images are not used enough, like if you call yourself ‘Puddle Plumbing’ (that’s a good one ,think I might use that):p .Have a picture of a puddle, a little visual image makes it easier to remember (think I could use Pigeon sh#t plumbing in that case):)
Also use trade names .don’t just put boilers, bathroom ect, use trade names as well, list potterton,vaillent,baxi…..ideal,bristan,shires..It gives people a link to you, sub consciously they link bristan that is in their home already with the bristan on your van and you have a foot in the door

Hope this works here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• valve-standard-half-inch-tech.jpg
    valve-standard-half-inch-tech.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 53
  • call a plumber.jpg
    call a plumber.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 41
Hey Jimbob
if yer havin yer van sign written make sure you get some extra security for the van, because the thieving tikes that an read will be trying to have yer tools away.
regards
Mike

At the risk of being bombarded with customers .... [cough] !!

http://www.redlakeplumbing.co.uk/Images/Portfolio/medium_P5110003.jpg

This cost me just over £400 and paid for itself over about 6 months and the picture is used on my invoices, letterhead, business cards and adverts.

PS - not showing off (honest) - just giving an idea.

looks very good,do like the photo image finish
but if you are called red lake,why not have a picture of a red lake,maybe a lake at sunset,that way if people are looking you up but can not quite remember the name,they will also see an image in their mind,to help them find you

yes i agree puddle, best get it done properly d,n,i,a. put it on your expences and it will cover itself by may 2010.lol

p.s not gas safe then i see?.

Why Redlake? It's a strong local name.

Puddle - hehe - not gas safe - it's mainly oil round my parts - out in the sticks and as there are a few gas people around and I don't like to tread on too many toes.

mike, probably a good idea to get extra security, what do people recommend, suppose all i can get is a van vaught, or a pack of wolves chained up inside.

Been quoted around £200 for a fairly colourful job. So well worth it

dontknowitall, i like yours, not really what i want though, I know who im prank calling later because my foo foo valve has broken.

hey jimbob
I bought my van off an old pikey best security ever, its never been touched.
regards
mike

I wanted a little note saying "No illegal immigrants kept in this van overnight" but he wouldn't make me a sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing Van Signwriting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock