Discuss Plumbing with no sense of smell...? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DWStone

Hi, first time poster on the forum - I am considering undertaking the 6129 plumbing course with a view primarily to learn a new skill, but perhaps looking at domestic plumbing as a career further down the line and possibly going on to do the 6189 NVQ diploma.

However, I have absolutely no sense of smell whatsoever, never have had one!

What I would like to know - is a keen sense of smell a prerequisite for a plumber?

I can imagine that it is very important for someone looking to work with gas, however, (apologies here, I have no experience in this trade at all) is it possible to have a career as a plumber without working with gas?

Any help, thoughts, suggestions or advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

yes you can successfully work as a plumber without working on gas. i do.
oh and welcome to the forums.

I can't see that it would hold you back, might even be a benefit on some jobs!!!

There used to be a requirement for gas eng to have a sense of smell. But nowadays we have so many has sniffers and dectectors that you don't have to have a sense of smell

I envy you. When I was working on the drains I would have givern anything not to have a sense of smell. Welcome to the forum

A sense of smell or a colour deficiency is not a problem at all in any building trade as long as the individual has had training and guidance as to recognise the inability.
ps don't think plumbing will earn you a decent wage anytime soon you have no experience

you dont need a sense of smell as said it would be a benefit in some of the minging gaffs we have to work in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing with no sense of smell...? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock