Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ply lining & sign writing (sorry for the rhyming)! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends

So now I have a depo on a van does anyone know the best place to buy ply lining? I see on ebay its about £115 for a transit connect (unfitted). Is this the going rate?

Also, the chap who i got teh van from gave me a number of a signwriting man who does their vans. He reckons for cash (ssshhh...ahem) cash, it'll be about £150 for design, supply & fit. Any comments or other places people have used?

Dying to get going and do some small jobs, looking at further courses I can do but it seems that my local college, Langley, doesn't do much other than un-vented & gas. That's for a year or so when I gain confidence & experience.

What other courses do people recommend? Tiling? Plastering? Further plumbing?

Cheers all

Best regards

Rocket

Ply lining, do it yourself dont buy a kit. Never have sign written any of my vans, advert for whats inside to steal. Tiling is a good one but seen so many bad jobs. A course is not always the answer get some experience with a good tiler if you can naturally further plumbing aswell when your ready

I haven't got my van sign written i have large magnetic signs that I put on.

i can get the copper tube in the back so no one knows what's inside a plain van.
Also helps me to sub contract when I'm quiet as most are not happy when you have a sign written van.

2 great points that I forgot to mention by plumber0808, keep as versatile as poss. Check out shower forums aswell, some great picture of tiling on there.

Thanks all, anyone know a tiler in Slough????

Looking to do all I can to get experience but not easy, I need to keep plugging away.

buy 3/4 ply from a builders merchant,cheap and cheerfull cut it to size your self i plyed out the 110 for about 70 quid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ply lining & sign writing (sorry for the rhyming)! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
I was on this forum a long time ago and I would like to explain my experience of plumbing. This may be a long post but I will be happy if it helps...
Replies
Views
This is perhaps a long shot, but anyway... I live in a block of flats in Beijing, and the heating is provided by a metropolitan heating system...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock