Search the forum,

Discuss Poor pressure on the hot water! Pressure tank to boiler basic set up on a boat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robertstewart22

I'm an Englishman living in Sweden on a house boat with a simple set up. My old pump died so last night I installed a nice new Gardena 5000/5 eco pump (pressure tank unit). The boiler is made by Tesy.

Before changing pumps everything with the water was fine! Now with the new pump the pressure on the cold water is great! On the hot water it comes out slow, spits and splatters, and at times what looks like smoke comes out (I think it's air). When the shower was running, the boiler began to whistle! Sometimes the water runs yellow, and the cold water is sometimes running luke warm instead of cold!

I'm assuming (and hoping) I've simply got air in the boiler and need to bleed it! I've never done that before and I'm not sure about what all the knobs do on the pipework on the boiler. I played with them when there was no pump fitted and the boiler was drained, but I'm worried to start turning things now everything's connected and running! I didn't fit any stop cocks (budget restraints! Maybe I should reconsider).

Hot side-

• Black knob furthest to the left has the text 'armature 9bar' on it as well as directional arrows. It unscrews maybe just half a turn to reveal a small void (for bleeding?).
  • Above this knob is a brass screw on piece piece with a ring (washer) inside. It isn't closed off, so I can stick my finger in it and feel water! I may be wrong, but I thought the ring (washer) was at first inside the main structure. Now I can't fit it in, so am sitting it inside the screw on piece instead, meaning it doesn't screw down as far! This seems very strange!!
  • Black knob on the back side has Swedish text on it that means something like 'closed/shut/off'. It can be turned many turns and opens/closes only a little. I just turned it a little while running the water and it affects the flow!
Cold side-

• There's a black knob to regulate the temperature.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I can give more info or pictures if needed.

Rob

P.s And I know what you're thinking. Really, all those electrical cables beside a water pump and boiler, are you stupid? In my defense I've just moved in, it was already like that, and my next job is to move them all! 20150910_091516.jpg12010489_10153504424692419_6017494319709601613_o.jpg11030926_10153504424667419_4201818436362543038_o.jpg11872219_10153504424657419_6739633103422365305_o.jpg11999679_10153504424752419_8143455153258742441_o.jpg

In response to previous questions I've been asked on another forum-

The pump has a pressure gauge on it. I'm not using any appliances right now and the gauge is reading 3bar.
The round white cylinder is the 'Tesy' boiler and has no pressure gauge on it. The display you can see in the photo is displaying the temperature.
The old pump was the same principal is the new one, except it was a super cheap, crappy one from a budget store!
If I turn off the power for the boiler, hot water can still run from the taps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Poor pressure on the hot water! Pressure tank to boiler basic set up on a boat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock