Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Positive pump, shower valve compatibility in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I recently bought this shower pack from Victorian plumbing to go with my Stewart turner monsoon positive pump Cruze Shower Package (Rainfall Head, Handset + Bath Spout) | Victorian Plumbing UK - https://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/cruze-shower-package-rainfall-head-handset-bath-spout

they list in the description that It’s only suitable for negative or universal pumps. When I questioned it they insisted this was correct and vaguely mentioned something to do with “priming”.

can someone who knows what they’re talking about please give me some extra advice ?

many thanks

Because the rainfall shower head is high up you do not have much head of water in the cold water storage tank above it, showers need 1m above the shower head ? providing your pump is installed as the Stuart Turner fitting instructions ? it may be ok providing the pipework run is not to long if not then a negative head or universal pump is required.
Regards kop

Because the rainfall shower head is high up you do not have much head of water in the cold water storage tank above it, showers need 1m above the shower head ? providing your pump is installed as the Stuart Turner fitting instructions ? it may be ok providing the pipework run is not to long if not then a negative head or universal pump is required.
Regards kop

Thanks for the reply. Yes, my father fitted it in the end and it works. The tank is raised up in the attic above so probably not quite the 1m but I haven’t measured. My understanding was that negative head pumps were for showers above the height of the tank

Reply to Positive pump, shower valve compatibility in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock