Search the forum,

Discuss Possible Solution To Low Flow rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nfl_1990

Hi,
I am in the situation where the water pressure at the outside stopcock is 4 Bar with a 30 LPM flow rate. However inside the house I do get 4 bar pressure but through timing how long it takes to fill up a 10 litre bucket I only get 8.2 LMP downstairs and 6.6 upstairs (not sure if this is a very accurate way of ding this). On top of this I have an old boiler that in the first quarter cost me £160 in gas bills on top of the £49 I am paying a month. Also the boiler I currently have heats water in a tank (i.e. its not instant water when I pull on the hot tap), and the new boiler is a gas combi (i.e. no need to use the immersion tank any more). The plumber who has sourced the boiler has told me that the minimum flow rate has to more than 11 LPM.

So my question is can I use a single impeller pump to increase the flow rate of the cold feed into the new boiler? My reason for asking is because I am aware I have a 15mm supply from the outside stopcock and I am looking at extending the house so I will replace the pipe when I come to do the extension but that will be in a few years. So is this an acceptable short term solution?

Thank You,
Nathan

No.

Forget the combi, look at a system boiler and unvented cylinder plus accumulator.

You don't need more than 11lpm, your boiler is more likely limited to 11lpm Max flow rate due to its maximum performance.

It will work with much less, usually 2-3lpm to activate the hot water function.

You can't just pump a cold main directly as you have suggested, it won't comply to water regulations.

There must be a serious restriction to drop the flow rate to that over such a relatively short distance, have you checked the obvious?

If so, re-think your plans, combi's aren't always be best solution, even if that's what your plumber is saying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Possible Solution To Low Flow rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock