Search the forum,

Discuss Potential new plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bobby5156

Hello Plumbers Forum,

My name is Bobby and I am currently serving in the Royal Engineers, after completing 22 years service i am due to leave in June 2013.

My aim at the moment is to qualify as a plumber/gas fitter and start my own business in Birmingham.

Obviously any advice is more than welcome, at the moment any advice on training would be most beneficial also if any ex service personnel have qualified and how they did it also.

Thanks Bobby

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bobby

Welcome to the forums,if you do a search of the forums ,you should be able to find lots of info about training,courses ect

After 22 years serving our country ....full respect

Hope retraining goes well

Many thanks for all you have done for us in the past 22 years, I only hope that we can now help you out with a new career.

There is a forum member called armyash who I believe has done exactly what you are doing. I'm not too sure how you would make contact with him through the forum. I will check it out and get back to you unless someone with more experience of the forum can provide the info.

Best of luck

If you type armyash into the search box you will come up with his posts, click on his name and you will be able to view his profile and perhaps make contact with him.

Cheers

Paul

hi bobby welcome to the forums as paulus says contact armyash he has been doing exactly what you want to do and will i'm sure be able to steer you in the right direction. and i would like to mirror paulus in thanking you for what you have done for your country

Puddle, Paulus thanks for the comments about the service i have done, I have to admit I have loved my time in the Royal Engineers, the challenges and variety have helped make me who I am, so I have no complaints but I am really looking forward to doing something new and hopefully for myself.

Paulus, I have sent a message to armyash thanks for the tip, I think he will be able to give me some guidance.

Thanks for your replies

Bobby

Steve,

Again thanks for your sentiments, I was not ignoring your post lol, you must have wrote it as i was typing the last one

Bobby

I have replied to bobby5156 with some info, hopefully he will reply and I can offer more advice. If I don't hear back best of luck to him.

hi bobby,
welcome to the forums mate. What help is available from the forces towards retraining and setting up, do they offer any help? My old firm did used to take on a number of non teenage trainees but thoses times are far gone today. There was a few ex forces guys, i think it was all government funded but most of this type of course has dissapeared from what i know.

stick around and keep posting mate.

AW,
In my case, because I have completed over 16 years service I am entitled to £534 resttlement towards retraining and 35 days to complete the training. I can also claim 3 times a max of £2000 (1 per year) towards a lvl 3 course or higher as long as I am contributing 20% or more from my own money.

So if I as planning go with RF Training and attend the plumbing cse I will get £2534 towards the cost, I believe there is more benefits and claims but until I complete my career resettlent course (CTW) at the end of Feb I dont know them yet.

I am estimating that I will have to pay £5/6000 to qualify.

Hopefully by going through the process I can keep all updated on here if they require info. I do understand I am not going to be an all singing all dancing plumber at the end of this and will continue to learn and get experience.

I must admit the help and advice from this forum on all topics is outstanding, a big thanks already to those who offer great advice.

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

I have recently retired from the Submarine Service, I served 23 years with the Royal Navy and am also looking to re-train as a Plumber/Gas Engineer. I too have contacted Armyash, great feedback from him. I commence my training March 12th, its going to be a bit of an eye opener but I am looking forward to it!

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potential new plumber in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock