Discuss Potential systems without a room stat in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

If you were home all day and most rooms were occupied/needed to be at a constant comfortable temperature then I would suggest something like a Viessmann 200 with weather comp. Based on your sporadic occupancy though I would suggest something like Evohome as Shaun mentions above.

The evohome sounds like the most practical way forward, which is a bit of a shame given the maintenance overhead and landfill of batteries in all the TRVs being replaced every 18 months but it's maybe as good as you're gonna get.

I looked into lockshield valves and rebalancing thanks, Shaun. Even with TRVs in the system might dialling in each radiator using the lockshield contribute something? I.e. if I can maximise the flow through the rads in the colder rooms in the roof, compared to the others it might mean the heating/cooling cycle isn't so asymmetrical - e.g. some central rooms getting hot and staying hot while the cooler rooms have long frozen. I guess it'll inevitably mean the hotter rooms take longer if I've throttled the flow, though.

What a shame there isn't a reliable system that uses feedback directly from mechanical TRVs as it would be so much simpler! It does leave you vulnerable to a failing TRV, but the worst that could happen is that you find it's too hot and get it serviced.

In the colder rooms sounds like the radiators might not be sized correctly

Maybe the time to up size a few rads in those colder rooms then as advised above look at the viessman 200 boilers with weather compensation built in, you can control your boiler through a app on your mobile device It can be used without a room stat if you wish 😉. Kop

In the end I have been quoted for either a Veissmann 100-w Combi 30kW (with built-in magnetic filter) or an ATAG IC Economisor 27 (with a filter as an extra) both would be fitted with an outside weather sensor as interlock, and neither would be fitted with a Room stat. They are both around £2900 to fit. They are also advising a power flush before the new fit (the previous was a failed Ideal Logic Combi 30) for an extra £350. Any reason to choose between these two?

Viessmann as atag don’t have any manufacturer warranty engineers it’s all down to the installer, ok if the engineer is part of this but some arnt

Reply to Potential systems without a room stat in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock