Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton 120Lv Boiler flame very yellow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gusty

My 12 year old Potterton 120L now burns pretty yellow and I can see small flecks glowing red hot on the bottom as I look in the inspection window. I am looking for advise re best course of action. Let it run as it is? Replace the heat exchanger itself? Get the heat exchanger (sealed unit) serviced? Should I look at a one off repair type contract as these tend to be a fixed cost and avoid any nasty surprise costs or would they not cover such an item as technically the boiler isn't (yet) broken? Thanks for advice in advance.

First thing to do is register on the forum to receive replies.

As Simon says register with us but you're going to need a gas engineer to look at that nothing you can do yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton 120Lv Boiler flame very yellow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
Hi, I want to buy a heat-only replacement of my Potterton 50e for open vented S plan system. My requirement is a boiler that lasts 10+ years with minimal yearly service costs. Not sure which brand I should go for - I am considering Viesmann because it's the only with stainless steel heat...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a BIASI gas boiler as in the pictures. Its worked fine for 12 months. But now, for the last few days, when its first running the bath, I can hear the gas flame turning on and off…and the bath water is quite cold…..if I leave the tap running for say 5 mins, then the gas does stay on...
Replies
Views
The problem is, my ideal boiler logic heat h15 keeps on burning (igniting flame icon on) all the time, all day long, regardless of the programmed on off schedule for both heating and hot water. when we have the heating turned off from the thermostat programmer (danfoss tp9000ma-si), i.e frosted...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock